Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter and another Challenge


This week's challenge from Simon Says Stamp is inspired by an artist by the name of Wendy Vecchi. I had heard of her before, and I had always wanted to get some of her Art Parts to work with. So... when I saw the challenge this week, I was determined to give it a go!

For the Challenge, I took inspiration from Wendy's use of Distress Stains and Perfect Pearls. She demonstrated a technique on her blog whereby using two pieces of Ranger Manila cardstock, water and Distress Stains, we created two nearly identical backgrounds. No wasting of ink here! To finish and seal, I sprayed the pieces with Bronze Perfect Pearls mist.

 Then I diecut them using the TH Tattered Florals die and layered them with a great TH button. I didn't have any Art Parts for the stem, so I handcut some TH Grungeboard, then painted it with black Adirondack paint, then stamped it with gold archival ink... SWEET!!

I cannot wait to order some of Wendy's stuff, because now I realize I don't always have to work with paper... I can play with other media... liking that alot!!

Happy Easter To All!!



1 comment: