Thursday, May 10, 2012

CC2, Week 4


I have been very busy doing non-crafty stuff the last week... took my new horse to our first horse show and placed in four out of five classes! Not a bad beginning to our show careers :-)

Anyways, I am getting my CC2 Challenge entry for week 4 in under the wire. The technique is found on page 43 of Tim's book, and it's called Faded Layers. I know we did this technique during CC101, and now that I've used it here again, I really like it. Thanks again to Linda at Studio L3 for another fun week--tomorrow will bring the next challenge--whoo-hoo!

I used Pumice Stone, Broken China, Vintage Photo and the new Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac Distress inks. Wowee--do I like those Spring Distress colors!! I had a new Lattice template (love it) to try out, and after I stamped the balloon, I added some Glossy Accents (not sure it shows in the photo) to the balloon, a piece of burlap for the balloon's basket, some hand-dyed ribbon, and an "Enjoy The Journey" Idea-Ology wordband. Sweet!


I am entering this in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Suzan, I love your tag! I just got the TH balloon stamp this week and haven't had time to use it yet. Your addition of the burlap to the basket was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Suzan! I agree with Donna-- the burlap basket looks awesome. You did a great job with the Faded Layers technique and created a lovely piece for the CC2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete