Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June Tag - Tags of 2012


I am cramming in these creations the last few days, and I am in under the wire finally getting to my June tag for Tim Holtz's tags of 2102. This month Tim showed us a technique to colorize a printed photo using the Ranger craft nibs. They are cool, and even better, they are re-usable... just rinse them out when you're done and they are ready to go again.

Thanks once again to the The Graphics Fairy for her free graphic--the vintage photo of the young girl holding some roses. I tried two types of photo paper to print on, but both smeared when I went to apply the ink. So I decided to print on Ranger's Specialty Stamping paper. Worked pretty good, only got minimal smearing, even though I dried it with my heat tool.

Anyways, I used Worn Lipstick and Forest Moss DI for the roses, Tattered Rose for the hairband, and Scattered Straw for her hair. I finished colorizing the edges of the photo with... what else, Vintage Photo, lol!! A few TH embellishments finish off my tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment