Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy First Day Of Spring!

Haha, now that is a joke, because yesterday we had a bleepin' storm come through with snow, sleet, snow, rain, ice, snow, etc., etc. Phooey! Today is blustery and not what I want out of the Vernal Equinox at all.
Anywho, I have been absent from blogging for awhile - I wa actually surprised this is my first post for 2013! I have been busy horseshowing - got to Tampa, FL in early January, and then St. Louis, MO earlier this month. Still learning the buttons on my new guy, but it has been fun!
Also, we finally got the plans for the new garage, so we will be moving forward with rebuilding if and when winter ever decides to let go...
 
Ok, so for today, I was inspired by Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi for this project. Tim is running a Tattered Floral Challenge this month, and as I had received my full set of the new Distress Paints awhile back and hadn't used them yet, I decided to break them out. I remembered Wendy had mentioned using the paints on her Cleary For Art in one of Tim's CHA videos, so I checked out her blog and she had some pretty cool applications for it.
 
So, inspired by Wendy, here is my Tattered Floral project:


I used the Tattered Floral die for the flowers, the larger of which were cut from CFA that had been painted with both Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet. The smaller ones were painted with Mustard Seed. Some overstamping and inking was done also. The leaves were cut from Tim's Tattered Pinecone die and painted with Forest Moss.  The stamp set is from Stampin' Up - it's called Messages for Mom (retired). The panel I made from 3 pieces of 4 x 6 chipboard which I glued together and then covered with Claudine Hellmuth Stick-back Canvas (natural). I stained it with Antique Linen Distress Stain and then inked the edges in Vintage Photo and edged it with gold paint dabber.
 
Here's some more photos:
 

I hope you like it! Cheers 'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment