Wednesday, November 12, 2014

It's been awhile....

Whew, it HAS been awhile since I've posted. And there's no better time to get back here with some projects than now, fall going into winter! I love fall colors and I love Christmas, so I'm here today with a Christmas project inspired by Wendy Vecchi!!

Frilly and Funkie is having a Wendy Vecchi-inspired challenge, and as I have been playing around a lot with Wendy's new embossing powders, here is my take on it:





It's the transformation of a plain little wooden plaque into a lovely door hanger! (or it will be once I add the screw eyes and ribbon).

I had fun making this and I hope you like it!

PS - here's the finished hanger. The wood was uber-thin, so doing doing screw eyes through the top edge didn't work. So I opted for holes through the board.





4 comments:

  1. This is so very Wendy! Love it - beautiful bright colors. Great to have you playing along with our Wendy challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. Thanks so much for sharing your delightful piece with us!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This oozes Wendy's style! Cheer and Bright and I'm sure it will look amazing once up. It's a great project. Thanks for sharing it with the Frilly and Funky Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzan! I not only "like" your door hanger, I love it! I generally reserve all things "Christmas" until after the Thanksgiving dishes are put away, but I have to make an exception here and say WELL DONE, literally! This will definitely put anyone who comes to your door immediately into a better mood! Hang it with pride, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous door hanger ! Love the embossing and the colours are so very Wendy ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete