Saturday, October 3, 2015

Back in the craft room

Here we are in early October and thoughts turn to fall. Having moved from NY to SC, that didn't change, as we are in the midst of Hurricane Joaquin and the cold wind  and rain remind me of NY. But not to worry, we will be back in the mid-70's next week.

Having unpacked many boxes in the last 3 months, there were only a few possessions more dear than my craft supplies! I had to scale back a bit, as my new craft space is half the size of my old. But I hung on to my dear favorites, along with some new, easy on the storage space, ones.

So let's get to a project that I worked on this week with some of those new supplies. Specifically, my Elizabeth Craft dies. These are a comprehensive collection of wafer thin dies, with coordinating stamps, glitter, stickers, adhesives, etc. Today I am showcasing a die in the Susan's Garden collection by Elizabeth Craft - it's #1019, Geranium.



I made a birthday card for my mom, who loves geraniums. I used some Stampin' Up! chalkboard paper for the background. I took Wendy Vecchi's brick stencil and rubbed some light green chalk though the stencil. I didn't want the chalk to rub off, so I sprayed it lightly with some Mod Podge Matte spray to seal it.

I used one of Wendy's Mat Minis Flower Pots for the pot, embossed with some Orange Blossom and Frosted Crystal custom mixed powder.

The Geranium die, like all Elizabeth Craft dies, cuts like butter in my Vagabond. The die includes two sizes of leaves, two sizes of petals, calyx, buds and base pieces. I used some SU Old Olive paper for the leaves and stems, and some Tim Holtz craft core paper for the flower. The sentiment was from SU's Petite Pairs stamp set.

I lost my progression pictures, so all I have is the finished project and a shot of the die. Enjoy!



I am entering this in the following challenges:

Frilly and Funky: Chalk It Up!



4 comments:

  1. Lucky..lucky mom! she will love it! it looks great!
    SC now? I might be there teaching next year! or maybe it's NC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. The flowers really pop against the grungy background! I'm moving next year so I get the unpacking the dear craft supplies. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Frilly and Funkie blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that chalk wall background Susan! I bet your mum is thrilled to bits with this. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with the funky pop of red against the black background! Great choice! Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete